Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Reality of My Words

I’m back! Well, I haven’t gone anywhere but after taking some time off from book writing to work on article submissions, I have begun to write for my book again. Finally, this week I sat down in my favorite chair, iced coffee in hand, and I got to it. I worked on my chapter regarding purity. It was so refreshing to be back writing, I couldn’t even stand it! I’ve so missed pouring out my heart on the topics that I feel so passionate about and want to cover in the book. Here is a snapshot of some of the things I am writing about (feel free to offer other suggestions you think would be of interest to singles).

Contentment
Finding Our Greatest Relationship/Treasure in God
Being a Part of a Community
Living in Fullness through Christ
Serving and using Our Spiritual Gifts

Like writing isn’t enough of a blessing in my life, God has been showing me the amazing blessing that is the Holy Spirit, in me, evidenced through writing. Right now in my Bible study, we are studying the ministries of the Holy Spirit. One of the ministries of the Holy Spirit that I have seen this week is God’s Word made alive in my mind. I cannot even count how many times as I write, my thoughts are filled with a verse that I didn’t even know I knew. It’s an amazing miracle when the Holy Spirit fills our minds with God’s Word. I just love when God plays out in my life what I’m studying in the Bible. It’s a reminder to me that His Word is Alive, Active, and Relevant!

As some of you may know, my article on Generosity was published on the Sage Ministry website last week. http://www.sageministries.org/site/3338080/
It was a very exciting and thrilling day as I read the words I pored over for days in preparation for submission. The thought that God can use my words, inspired by the Holy Spirit through me, is thrilling to say the least. It’s funny as I reread words that I previously wrote because so often I think “Who wrote this?,” because either I can’t imagine saying what I’ve written or I don’t remember even penning the words. I have to smile because I know who wrote it, while physically it was me; it is the work of the Holy Spirit through a weak and ordinary lump of clay (Isaiah 64:8). I’m thanking and praising God more each day for the amazing gift of the Holy Spirit, my Comforter, Teacher, Gift Giver, and my Deposit guaranteeing what is to come, (2 Cor. 1:21-22).

No comments:

Post a Comment