Friday, August 7, 2009

In the beginning...

Well let the ride begin...this is officially my first blog ever! I'm not an avid blog reader, so to be writing one seems a bit mysterious. Bear with me as I muddle through the ins and outs of blogging :)

Right now I am in quite possibly one of the most exciting times in my life. I feel like I'm on the brink of a new chapter (literally and figuratively). I have been living with the dream of writing a book for as long as I can remember. I never knew what to do with the dream until it's as if one day God just said-Go! Pursue this dream, do your part and I will do the rest. I hear the verse, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland," Isaiah 43: 18-19. I just love the freshness of this verse. So...here I am trying to follow through on my part.

I just returned this past weekend from the 'She Speaks' conference for women who feel the call to speak/write. After learning an intense amount of information this is the bottom line: It's NOT about me! Every aspect of wanting to write this book has to do with Him. It's about Him, for Him, and it will be through Him. Whether or not this book ever makes it to publication, is not important. The important thing is being obedient to a call. He's asking me to write, so writing I will do.

I hope you'll come along on this road with me. Only God knows where it will lead in terms of destination. I am learning though, that the end is really but a means to the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gretch...I am excited and honored to be a part of this journey the Lord has you on. I know that you have learned and grown tremendously in the time since we've met, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this journey takes you in the future. Love you!

    ReplyDelete